Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Put The Lime In The Coconut


This last week was Chad's Birthday and he requested Coconut Cake, not my favorite, but this cake could make anyone change their mind! You'll have to forgive me, but I cannot figure out where I got the recipe. I searched and searched online, but could not find the recipe nor the pretty picture I've had stored in my recipe file on my computer anywhere, So here it is, And it is delicioco!

Ingredients

Original recipe makes 1 - 9x13 inch pan, which is much easier to serve out of, but I love a good cake stand. Just be prepared, if you use a cake stand it takes some finesse to get the cakes out of their pans after they have soaked. YUmmmm. I'm still trying to perfect my method of removal :) If you want to do a great 3 or 4 layer cake you will need to double this recipe

1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
3 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
1 (14 ounce) can coconut cream
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 cup flaked coconut


Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.

In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs, oil, water and coconut flavoring. Beat for 2 minutes and pour into 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
In a medium bowl, combine coconut cream with sweetened condensed milk and stir until smooth. When cake comes out of the oven, poke holes into it in even rows using a large fork or chopsticks. Pour milk mixture over, allowing it to soak into the cake. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
In a large bowl, whisk cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar and continue whipping until stiff. Spread over cooled cake. Sprinkle top with flaked coconut. Optional: garnish with limes.


For more recipes Click Here

No comments: