Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Creating Your Own Chalkboard Labels

I recently ventured into the art of making your own Laundry Soap. I wanted to create a chalkboard label to put on my fancy laundry jar. Here's how, or scroll down for the link to just use the one I created.



First visit this site for a free chalkboard background and follow the instructions to save it to your computer. Then go to picmonkey and create a beautiful label using their beautiful fonts and fun embellishments. Much of their edits are free, but the upgrade is totally worth it. You'll become addicted!

OR if you prefer you can use mine by clicking here. There are two on each page. You can either use it squared or cut around the frame for a curved label. I liked the curly label best!



I used my Sizzix to cut the second more basic label out. My sister recommended using some modge podge or other top coat to fix the finish on the labels. I printed mine out on avery sticker paper found at Walmart.

For the DIY Laundry Soap Recipe click here.


No comments: