Monday, June 8, 2015

Hummus

I am for sure a hummus lover, I'm used to paying grocery store prices, but this weekend I decided to try to make my own. Not only did I save a few dollars, but I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to the grocery store hummus. This recipe was simply delicious!

Hummus:

1/3 cup Tahini
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
2 Tablespoons of olive oil + a little extra to drizzle once finished
1 teaspoon salt
1 large garlic clove
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
One 15-ounce can of chickpeas (AKA garbanzo beans)
2 to 3 Tablespoons water
Dash of paprika

Cream the tahini with the lemon juice by combining them in your food processor. Scrape down the sides and process for another 30 sec. Add in the olive oil, salt, chopped garlic, and cumin. Process for a minute or so, scrape down the sides and repeat. Add in the chickpeas. Blend for about a minute, scrape down the sides and repeat. At this point you may want to add in some of the water to get the consistency you prefer. Spoon into a serving bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with paprika. Enjoy, you will be in heaven, I know I was!





No comments: